After launching a tender to modernize its premises and rooms in 2014, HostingFinland is now glad to announce that the winning bid belongs to Dell Computers, with whom HostingFinland will be working exclusively starting in July 2015.
It goes without saying that our facilities will now be packing some serious firepower. Check below what we are expecting for the first phase of implementation:
– Intel Dual Xeon Six-core servers (two processors with 6 colors on each processor => DELL R710) for web system demands (websites, administrative systems, webmail, databases) with 10k SAS drives, 15k rpm SAS and SSD;
– DELL PS4000, PS4100, MD3000, MD1000 and MD1200 storages complement the data storage park with the capacity to hold more than 100 Terabytes of data;
– Dell PowerEdge R710 servers with SSD hard drives, 144 GB of RAM and SAS/iSCSI storage for improved performance of the hosted sites and equipment durability;
– Exclusively reserved area with 33 racks within the HostingFinland data center in Helsinki. The additional areas in Uusimaa and North Karelia were acquired in 2011 in Level3 data centers targeting the expansion of CDN (content delivery network) activities;
– Underground fiber-optics create a ring connection in the remaining Finnish territory. Ring connected fiber-optics links make the connection between our administrative office and data centers with independent access.
This way we can ensure a more stable environment and larger broadband speeds with minimum redundancy, allowing your data to be transferred or updated in a matter of milliseconds.
Stay tuned for more info in the meantime.